EAST FORK SWIMMING POOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
February 16, 2012 at 7:00 a.m.
Carson Valley Swim Center
1600 Hwy 88, Minden, Nevada
7:00 a.m. Call to Order and Roll Call
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Board of Trustees reserves the right to take items in a different order to accomplish business in the most efficient manner; to combine two or more agenda items for consideration, and; to remove items from the agenda or delay discussion relating to items on the agenda.
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
PUBLIC COMMENT (No Action Can be Taken)
At this time, public comment will be taken on those items that are within the jurisdiction and control of the Board of Trustees or those agenda items where public comment will not be taken as a public hearing is not legally required. Public Comment is limited to 5 minutes per speaker.
If you are going to comment on a specific agenda item scheduled for action, please do so when that item is opened for public comment.
The Administrative Calendar will be handled as follows:
(1.) The Chairman will read the agenda title into the public record.
(2.) Staff will introduce the item and provide a report, if any.
(3.) The Trustees will discuss the item.
(4.) The public will then be allowed on action items to comment on that item and comment will be limited to five minutes per speaker.
(5.) Once public comment is completed, the Board of Trustees will then discuss the item, deliberate and take action.
On agenda items that are agendized as a “presentation” with no action listed, public comment is not legally required and must be made at the beginning of the meeting.
1. For possible action. Discussion on whether to accept the January cash report and vendors list as
2. Discussion on the possibility of providing a winter enclosure for the main outdoor pool. There will
be no action taken.
3. Discussion only on scope of work and job description for legal counsel. There will be no action
taken other than to provide limited staff direction.
4. For possible action. Progress on the project to replace the outdoor pool deck and the re-plastering of
3 pools including approval of possible change orders.
5. For possible action. Report on parking lot project including the need to go out for formal bid.
6. For possible action. Preliminary discussion of the 2012-2013 budget. Possible preliminary
recommendations on the coming year tax rate.
7. Presentation from the Swim Center Director on programs; maintenance/janitorial issues; the air
8. Presentation from the Assistant Swim Center Director on program and staff.
9. Discussion only on what investment options are available to the EFSP District.
10. For possible action. Review the change in the Director’s and Assistant Director’s job responsibilities.
11. For possible action. Review of personnel policies, including the possible need for an HR position,
facilitator or training. Additionally, review of the appropriate number of guards and deck
12. Presentation of correspondence. There will be no action taken other than to provide limited staff
13. Reports/updates from Trustees concerning the various projects that they may be involved with as
they relate to the operation of the Carson Valley Swim Center. There will be no action taken on
these reports/updates, and no public comment will be taken.
14. For possible action. Discussion on items that need to be on the next meeting agenda of the Board of
Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate disabled individuals desiring to attend the meeting. Please call Linda Rigdon 782-8840 at least 24 hours in advance so that arrangements may be made.
This notice and agenda has been posted on or before 9:00 am on the 14th day of November at the following locations:
1. The Carson Valley Swim Center, 1600 Highway 88, Minden, NV.
2. The Douglas County Library, 1626 Library Lane, Minden, NV.
3. Douglas Co. Administration Bldg., 1616 Eighth St., Minden, NV.
4. Douglas County Clerks Web Site: http://cltr.co.douglas.nv.us/
5. Carson Valley Swim Center Web Site: www.cvswim.com
Posted by: pool